This is a follow-up course for students who is now finishing, or has taken, Chinese for Absolute Beginners. In this course, students will learn how to write the basic characters taught in Chinese for Absolute Beginners and some selected characters in Chinese Pre-Intermediate. In addition to how to write the basic characters, students will also learn how the Chinese writing system constitutes a distinctive worldview of its own. The course is taught in English.
Lesson 1-5 of Integrated Chinese, Level 1, Part 1
After the course, students will be able to:
- Identify and produce basic characters in the textbook.
- Appreciate the beauty of Chinese characters and calligraphy.
- Introduction: the basic structure of Chinese characters, characters in Lesson 1
- Characters in Lesson 2 and 3; how the Chinese characters reflect the worldview of the culture
- Characters in Lesson 4 and 5
- Calligraphy: demonstration and practice; review
Depending on student interest, the teacher might organize an additional cooking workshop taking place in a local Chinese restaurant.
29. 4. – 27. 5. 2019
Monday 16:00 – 17:30
Masaryk University Language Centre, Komenského náměstí 2, 602 00, Brno
Students, MU employees
Early bird registration (until 30th March) – 1 700 ( / Standard registration – 1 900 Kč
MU Shopping Centre
Minimální / maximální počet účastníků
4 / 12