The Intensive Czech Language Course for Foreigners is designed as a one-semester preparation course for passing the entrance exams in Czech language to study programmes at universities in the Czech Republic.
With 600 hours per semester (40 hours a week – 25 hours tuition and 15 hours individual work), students study both, General Czech as well as Czech for Specific Purposes, such as engineering, humanities, or medicine. Our teachers are available for individual consultations to assist students with their learning.
Organizer: Masaryk University Language Centre
Term: Academic year 2018/2019
|Autumn semester||since 17th September 2018||11th January 2019|
|Spring semester||since 14th January 2019||26th April 2019|
|Early bird registration for 1 semester:||2 300 EUR / participant|
|Standard registration for 1 semester:||2 500 EUR / participant|
Designed for: beginners with no previous knowledge of Czech language. For applicants with some previous knowledge of the language, we offer the possibility to join the course during the semester based on an individual agreement. It is also possible to join the course for one semester only.
1st semester – General Czech
- Czech grammar
- Czech vocabulary
- Czech pronunciation
- Topics useful for an everyday issues – visiting a doctor, shopping, transport, introducing yourself, etc.
- Once in two weeks, students are offered a cultural programme (an exhibition, a movie, a lecture, etc.)
There is a possibility to continue in following semester. However, course fee covers always only 1 semester.
2nd semester – General Czech + Czech for Specific Purposes
- Czech grammar, vocabulary pronunciation
- Czech vocabulary as used in a particular field (medicine, engineering, humanities, etc.)
- Visiting university lectures and seminars