Presentations competition in Czech language for foreign medical students
The Language Centre at Faculty of Medicine is cordially inviting you to apply for the national presentations competition in Czech language for foreigners, which will be held in the department of languages of Charles University, Prague.
This year, the competition will be held in two stages:
1st stage – Auditions: will be held on Friday, 27th March 2015, in the afternoon at the University campus, Bohunice. Maximum of two students will be chosen to represent our faculty in Prague.
2nd stage – Competition in Prague on Friday, 17th April 2015.
Instructions for application and comments:
- Topics for the presentations may be under the following categories:
- Professional topic (medical) – e.g. topics from previous years: Schizophrenia, Sexual deviations,cystic fibrosis, etc.
- General topics (any other) – e.g. topics from previous years: Space missions, Rugby, Art of 20th century, book review, my country, etc. !We recommend to choose a general topic that will interest most people and is not too narrow-spectrum of interest.
- All applicants must submit their presentation, according to the attached guidelines, by March 25th 2015 to the following e-mail address: email@example.com.
- Presentations auditions will be held on Friday, March 27th 2015. Exact hour and location will be confirmed later on by individual e-mail notification.
- We encourage you to consult your Czech language teachers with linguistic issues, proofing and presentation methods. We also encourage use of original presentation methods- for that purpose you may contact the Professional advisors.
- Travel expenses to Prague will be refunded by Masaryk University. A symbolic scholarship to successful representative in the competition is also possible.
- Representatives who passes the auditions AND participate in the competition in Prague will be exempted from the final examination in Czech language for the respective semester. Their final grade will be evaluated individually.
Please see the official scoring criteria and guidelines of the presentations HERE (in Czech language) – all presentations submitted must comply fully with the requirements.
Best of luck to all applicants!
PhDr. Ivana Rešková, Ph.D. – Head of Czech language teachers team and competition coordinator
Roye Mauthner and Emanuel Marques – Professional advisors