Academic English Foundation Course
12 October 2020 – 22 January 2021
- MU Language Centre, Komenského nám. 2, 602 00 Brno
This course aims to provide you with the language and academic skills you will need when joining and participating in university programmes taught in English. It will also give you an opportunity to become acquainted with the academic environment at Masaryk University and develop your understanding of European academic culture. The course is taught by an international team of experienced teachers.
The course runs for 13 weeks, with 20 hours per week, making a total of 260 hours.
This intensive course includes:
- communication skills practice
- academic skills development
- intercultural communication training
- videoconferencing sessions with partner universities
- a variety of tasks and interaction modes (including mini-lectures, individual consultations and project work)
- additional online materials
- autonomous learning support
- regular detailed feedback
This ensures that you receive a thorough preparation for your degree. The Academic English Foundation Course prepares you for success by developing a wide range of skills – in research and writing, understanding academic lectures, comprehending academic texts and making presentations.
The course will give you extensive practice in the areas tested at university entrance as well as internationally-recognised exams.
The course is aimed at students with a CEFR level of B1 who need to advance to a B2/B2+ level.
By the end of the English Academic Foundation course, you will be able to:
- identify, interpret and analyse relevant academic sources
- deliver presentations and take part in discussions
- participate in online communication
- produce a wide range of academic written texts
- take effective notes in lectures
- select adequate learning strategies and study materials
- self-assess your strengths and areas for development in English
- work in an English-speaking team
- understand different cultural contexts
|Language of instruction
|When||12 October 2020 – 22 January 2021|
||260 hours in total|
||13 weeks, 20 hours per week|
|Participants||foreign students, public|
||Lecturers of MU Language Centre|
||1550 EUR (until 11. 9. 2020)|
Standard: 1 600 EUR (9. 10. 2020)