Chinese for Absolute Beginners
12 October – 14 December 2020
- MU Language Centre, Komenského nám. 2, Brno
This is a course for absolute beginners of Chinese. No prior knowledge of the language is required. The course is taught in English.
To be assigned in class
After the course, students will be able to:
- Identify and comprehend conversation situations and reproduce conversation schemes in basic conversation situations given by the textbook
- Apply the conversation schemes and acquired vocabulary to other interactive conversation situations
- Read and write basic conversation texts given in the textbook
- Apply acquired grammar, vocabulary and increase necessary reading and writing comprehension
- Week 1: Greetings: Chinese phonetics, Grammar of shì.
- Week 2: Greetings: Grammar of yě, Chinese phonetics.
- Week 3: Greetings: Grammar of ma, Chinese phonetics.
- Week 4 Family: Grammar of yǒu, Chinese phonetics.
- Week 5 Family: Grammar of shéi, Chinese phonetics.
- Week 6 Family: Grammar of liăng, Chinese classifiers, Chinese phonetics.
- Week 7 Family: Grammar of shénme, Chinese classifiers, Chinese phonetics.
- Week 8 Invitation: Numbers, how to express time and dates in Chinese.
- Week 9 Invitation: How to talk about place and activities.
- Week 10 Invitation: How to make an invitation.
|Language of instruction
|When||12 October – 14 December 2020|
||10 weeks, 2 x 45 min. per week|
|Participants||foreign students, MU students, public|
||Native speaker - Wei-lun Lu, Yu-min Chang, email@example.com|
||1 200 CZK|