One-year Intensive Course of Czech for Foreigners (2020/21)
5 October 2020 – 21 May 2021
- MU Language Centre, Komenského náměstí 2, Brno
The course is intended for foreign students who wish to pursue higher education in the Czech Republic. No previous knowledge of Czech is needed; the course is designed for complete beginners.
You will learn to actively communicate in common life situations as well as attain communication basics in the area of your specialization. Specialized preparation for your studies will be in the form of individual consultations and e-learning with focus on self-study.
One of the main outcomes of the course is to contribute to the successful passing of entrance examinations to a university or another higher education institution. However, the scope of the course is much wider and will enable you integrating in the Czech society without any worries about social, cultural and language barriers. Individual approach to students and their needs is emphasized. The course will be completed by passing the final exam.
- Grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation
- Everyday life situations
- Czech history and culture
- Side events (university lectures and seminars, cultural events)
The course aims at fast mastering and deepening language, social and cultural knowledge and skills. The main goal is to prepare students for future higher education studies conducted in the Czech language.
- fill in and send an electronic application and a copy of the passport
- pay the course fee
- receipt of admission will be issued upon payment
- in case visa is not granted, the course fee shall be refunded in full
- information about visa issues
if the event is cancelled due to a coronavirus threat, the course fee will be fully refunded
The nature of the course enables tailoring the teaching/learning materials to the users’ needs. We will use both the traditional textbooks of Czech as a foreign language and supplementary and authentic resources.
Students will be admitted to the final examination only if their attendance has not dropped below 70 %.
The course will be completed by passing the final examination and obtaining the certificate of completion.
- final exams will take place from 31 May to 4 June 2021
- upon successfully passing the final exam, students will get a certificate of completion of the course and of the final exam according to the level achieved
- if a student fails the final exam, there is a possibility to resit
- this is not the Final State Examination!
|Language of instruction
|When||5 October 2020 – 21 May 2021|
||20 hours / week, total 600 hours|
||5 October – 18 December 2020: 212 lessons (12 weeks)
11 January – 21 May 2021: 388 lessons (19 weeks)
|Participants||foreign students, public|
||Lecturers of MU Language Centre|
||3 600 EUR (possibility to pay in 2 installments; includes learning materials, does not include accommodation)|