What is EA Course?
English Autonomously Course
What is English Autonomously Course?
You have an interesting opportunity to take part in our new project – English Autonomously. You can enrol the course CJVAEA and learn English in a different way. Autonomously does not mean on your own, or in solitude. It means that you have the right to create the course according to your needs and requirements and interests. Furthermore, our students´ experience shows that the course has got impact on their learning in general, on their soft skills and lots of other areas.
How the course works?
- There are two compulsory introductory sessions in the beginning of the semester. You learn about yourself and about learning through a bit of theory and lots of practical activities.
- Then, you choose some modules / support groups that appeal to you and that you wish to participate in (2 or more). Each module consists of 2 – 4 meetings, out of which only the first one is planned for you from the very beginning. The first meeting of every module is crucial both for you and your teacher, as all of you are going to decide when and how and what you are going to do.
- Apart from the 2 introductory sessions and 2 modules, you have to come to 3 individual sessions with your counsellor who will help you manage and coordinate the whole semester.
- You can also attend our showers (one-off events), you can organize your own clubs and modules and you can do lots of other English things within or outside this course.
- You are also going to write a learning diary that will help you with self-reflection, motivation, setting new goals, learning and evaluation.
The course is a framework within which you decide about what you are going to do with your English, you set your goals and you reflect on your achievements. It is not just a way to get credits, it is a very good preparation for your further studies and your future career.
- “I couldn´t believe something like this course appeared among other courses at our university. It´s finally a concept comparable to Nordic education system. Many thanks to every member of the project. I enjoyed it a lot.”
- “I´m glad I chose this type of learning English. I started to work and learn regularly and make effort to organize my time, my activity. I found lots of sources which I can use in future for my learning.”
- “Great time with great teachers! Now, I am a better learner. It´s easier for me to se a target and not to give up my dreams.”
- “I learnt English for myself. I changed my attitude and took the responsibility for my own learning. I thought more about English and as a result, I learnt more.”
- ” I´ve actually started to like learning English. It helped me to motivate myself and to find time to do something important instead of procrastination.”
- “I like the feeling of responsibility and independence in learning. Consequently I can enjoy the feeling of satisfaction when I do well.”